5.28.2008

blogging 101

so my learning curve is high right now. how do you make links? what is the proper etiquette for responding to comments? is it really okay to write about your children playing with tampons? these and other questions are rolling around in my mind. here are a few i don't have answers to and have no idea of where to get answers except from you all.

why do people not use their family members' real names? is there something i am missing?

is it okay for me to write people's last names on my blogroll or should i just stick to their blog titles?

feel free to educate me.

oh and much thanks to jon for working on my header. it is still in progress, but definitely better than before. sorry kc, he wanted to do it for me. if you want a great design, check out kcdesign.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thought you didn't know how to do links :)

I don't use my kids names because my daughter would go anywhere with anyone who walked up and called her by her name. Safety first!

Becky

Jaime said...

Becky's right. Just as a precaution, it is good idea to use pseudonames for kids ... at least until they are old enough to learn and apply some safety measures for themselves.

keri said...

hey, thanks for the plug :)

go to http://www.bloggingbasics101.com/101/

for all kinds of blogging tips. you can find anything there. rocks in my dryer started the sight with everyday mommy.

other than that, anything goes with blogging i think. you do what you feel is right! :)

Jaime said...

oh, and as for last names and stuff like that ...
I think it depends on whether THEY use their names on their blog. I don't worry as much about adults as children.

 
Clicky Web Analytics