1.03.2009

friday night fun!

have you noticed the lack of family friendly primetime tv?  there is not ONE show that i would sit and watch with my girlies (and no, we don't have cable which does limit our options).  i have such fond memories of sitting around and watching the cosby show, family ties, growing pains and the likes with my fam.  so, this christmas we got season one and two of little house on the prairie dvds from our parents.  and now, on friday night, we load up on the couch and watch a new episode.  abby gets a little scared at the climatic moments (oh the dramatic music!!) and julia loves all the "horsies!"  i just love having all four of us crammed onto a love seat eating popcorn and enjoying something fun together.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your new tradition! I used to love Little House. Everytime I reference it Dan has no idea what I am talking about....man he missed out!

Anonymous said...

oohh.. that's a tuffy. for some reason i remember both of us at the counter watching baywatch on that teeny tiny tv. that wasn't my favorite show, but it's a fun memory. ^_^

i loved full house, perfect strangers, family matters, star trek the next generation...

OH!!! the muppet show!!! that was my favorite! ^_^ if i could get that on dvd's... oh, the joy!

btw, today's "word verification" is: stnedus. how is that a word?

Chad and Becky said...

I know what you mean...I, too, have fond memories of watching TV as a family when I was growing up. We watched the Cosby show, Full house, Star Trek, the Muppet Show, and the Disney movies that used to come on every Sunday night.

We don't watch TV with our kids, either. The DVD series thing is a good option!

Amy Ellen said...

No question about it. Different Strokes. Not only did I really like this one, it was the only TV show of my youth... we would take a large bowl of popcorn to our Somali neighbors with eight children (the only ones we knew with a TV) on Sunday nights to watch the only American show on BBC. Thanks for that walk down memory lane!

 
Clicky Web Analytics