9.20.2009

don't know where to start...

so, i've decided that i want to start blogging again, but it is hard to know where to start. facebook has become such an easy way for me to share my random thoughts lately that i had abandoned this old blog. but some things take more than a status update. like this--we've decided to move forward with adopting a child.

most of you already know this, but in case you don't, let me fill you in. jon and i have always had a heart for adoption. always knew it would be in our future, but assumed that it would just be somewhere out there--in the future. well, on the 4th of july, in the midst of some prayer time, i really sensed the Lord leading me that the time was now. i was rather blown away...i wasn't even talking or thinking about adoption. but there it was, and it was unavoidable. well, after praying and pondering, i went to jon. i fully expected him to say, NOT NOW!! instead, his response stunned me. he said, "that's interesting because the last few days, i feel like the Lord has been leading me in the exact same direction." now those kind of conversations might be the norm in your household, but they are not the norm in mine. when we talked, it became apparent that our hearts were both set on adopting from asia. and so we began to investigate agencies.

fast forward to now. after a few months of gathering info, we have moved forward with one agency only to realize they weren't the one for us (it would take them on average 2 weeks to respond to our basic questions!) so, now we are moving forward with a new agency out of matthews, north carolina. interesting that the agency we found just happens to be where 4 of my dear friends live. hmmm. coincidence, i think not. we should get the paperwork this week and begin the application process.

now let me just tell you, this is a HUGE faith journey for us. in so many ways. one of the biggest is the financial realm. so, i want to just share this journey with you--so that when we get to the end of it, we can all stand in absolute awe of the God who is able to do immeasurably more than we can ever think or imagine. i continually, daily remind myself that if he has called me to it, he will provide for it.

so there ya have it. how's that for diving back into blogging!?!

7 comments:

april said...

Thanks for sharing. We may be on the same journey in the future, so I am excited to see all the Lord does in yours! Praying for you friend.

The Great Adventure said...

I'm so excited for you guys. I've seen over and over again how God has provided for families who are adopting. Joe and I are also interested in adoption and are now at the "it's in the future" stage that you've described. I can't wait to see when God brings it together. This is a great way to start back to blogging! :-)

BKicklighter said...

THIS is why I am thrilled you are going to blog - I didn't know this! What a joy. I have always hoped this would be part of my journey, but the Lord seems to be telling us "no". So glad that a little one from Asia will be raised in your home and given the opportunity to grow in the nurture and adminition of our Lord. We'll pray with you!

Melanie Z. said...

Yay!!!!

Ashley said...

I was so happy to open my reader after a week of neglect and see that you had started blogging again! I'm very excited to know that you guys are moving forward with adoption - thrilling - I will remember to pray for you in the process. Can't wait to see the child God gives your family!

Amy Ellen said...

This is great news. I am so glad I stopped by to see it! I am very excited to hear how the Lord orders your steps on this Journey... please share all that you can!

Tonya said...

Big news! Glad I decided to check your blog again, or I would've missed it!

Love,
Tonya

 
Clicky Web Analytics