6.30.2011

our second possibility

Christie, our caseworker, made it a habit NOT to call us. She said that whenever we would see Covenant Care Services in the caller id, our hearts would race, and she didn't want to put us through unnecessary drama. Which I appreciated. We did talk from time to time. There were still questions that I had, finishing touches on paperwork that she had questions about.

On one of these occasions, she mentioned to us that there was another possibility. Now, we weren't supposed to know when our profile was being shown (another way that Covenant tries to keep us off of the emotional roller coaster as much as possible!) We knew about the first possibility because we had to confirm whether or "maybe" box was actually a "yes." For some reason, which I cannot remember now, Christie told us about our profile being shown again. This time, it was a little girl. It was a simple story. No drama. Not super messy. After I hung up with Christie, I was talking with a friend and told her about the situation. I said, "she's not going to choose us." There was something in my gut that just said that this was too simple. That this adoption needed to be for a couple who were adopting because they couldn't have children and longed for one. Not for us. We were adopting for different reasons. We were okay with mess. We longed to be agents of God's redemption in something messy.

Christie called back not long after and told us that the birth mom had chosen someone else. When I told her my thoughts, she just laughed. The couple that the birth mom did choose was exactly what my gut had said.

So, we were back to waiting. (notice a theme?)

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics