10.20.2008

join me in my one woman crusade

okay, has anyone noticed how horrifically frightening the halloween displays are this year at your local grocery stores, pharmacies and the likes?  it has gotten to be a bit over the top.  there was but one store in our errands that we ran today where abby didn't have to close her eyes.  i mean, good grief, last week, i had a nightmare.  i have gotten fed up.  i'm all for some good time celebrating, and please, feel free to decorate, but this is just downright frightening.  so, i'm on a one woman crusade.  every store that had yucky decor got a request for the manager from me today.  then, i just informed them of how frightening their ghouls and hellish skeletons are to my children AND me.  i then asked them if they could consider keeping it all on one aisle instead of making the local walgreens a frightfest!  and to the stores that did well, that tastefully kept their horror to one location making it easy to avoid and easy for my child to relax, i said thanks.  because i don't want to be ungrateful when stores do something well.

what about your area of the world?  is it as horrible there as it is in good ol' gwinnett?  and anyone want to join the crusade??

3 comments:

BKicklighter said...

Walgreens has by far been the worst. Lily talks about the skeletons at random times which lets me know they have made an impression. Once I heard her say, "The skeleton was sooo pretty. . I mean yucky."

Sara said...

I will definitely join the crusade. Some things should only be sold in a halloween store and not put in "regular" stores for all the little eyes to see! Too much stuff that has gotten way over the top!

Elizabeth Dark Wiley said...

I'll have to send you pictures of the two lawns behind ours. It's actually fascinating that these two families live next to each other- the 2nd family just moved in after we did. Just think graveyards...or Michael Jackson's thriller video. Olivia and I have had to find another walking route to preschool. They're really nice people, just with a very morbid way of celebrating Halloween.

 
Clicky Web Analytics