8.02.2008

opinions wanted...no, opinions NEEDED!

in the next two months, i'm going to start some craftiness in preparation for the lilburn daze festival.  jon and i are clueless though about all of it.  what should we make?  what should we charge for what we do make?  the list goes on and on.

we decided that you guys would be a great test audience.  so, this is me pleading.  on bended knee.  would you please please please give us some simple feedback over the next two months? it would help us tremendously.  and maybe we could even get a contest in here?  for every comment you leave, you get your name entered into a hat.  after the festival is over, we'll draw a name and let you choose something from our craft list for your very own.  does that sound like fair compensation for your efforts?

so my question for today is this...scrabble tile pendants, have you seen them?  do you like them?  would you buy them?  would you buy them if they were cutesy for a child?

(note: we didn't make this, it's just off of our beloved etsy.)

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Yes, I would buy one for my daugher. Those are adorable-I've never seen one before!

Anonymous said...

i wouldn't buy them, although i see the virtue of their goodness.

Anonymous said...

i'm not big into jewelry, so i personally wouldn't buy one for me. if someone expressed interest, then i'd get one. but you know i prefer to purchase longer lasting gifts.

i did have an idea about something you could make. ^_^ washable produce bags. it's a replacement for the plastic bags you use in the grocery stores. i would LOVE to have some of those. ^_^

BKicklighter said...

I have seen these on Etsy. I can see how a little girl would swoon over something like this and it would make an adorable favor for a birthday party - or a sweet gift. So, if the price was right - I could see me buying one of these :)

Mariana said...

I think they are adorable. They'd be cute strung as beads on a bracelet, as earrings, or even as zipper pulls. In the knitting community, they'd be popular as stitch markers. (You can search that on Etsy.) Cute idea, babe!

As far as what else to sell, I'm a big fan of cloth napkins, place mats, table runners, etc. Go for it!

Anonymous said...

Seen them...cute, but probably wouldn't buy them.

And I like Mariana's idea about the table ensembles. I'd probably buy something like that if it was all packaged together.

Unknown said...

i think that is adorable; and you could do all sorts of designs. i think you could even get away w/ just sticking a pendant holder on a scrabble tile and letting people buy just the tile itself as initials, meaning for example, i would buy a J for my name. or can you make i.d. bracelets w/ them? stringing all the letters of a name together.

Anonymous said...

i think they are cute for kids and would buy one if i had a daughter.

i am also planning to buy some of your cloth napkins, so post your selection once you get it going!

 
Clicky Web Analytics