7.22.2008

the target saga continues...

read here and here if you need the back story of my target drama.

i got this in the mail yesterday.

yes ma'am.  that's a $5 gift card from target's corporate headquarters.  are they sending out gift cards to the masses at large?  somehow, i don't think so.

i feel like i am being bribed.  they can't refund my $6.99, but they can send me a "random" gift card for five bucks.  no apology.  no acknowledgment of wrongdoing.

would this be the final nail in their coffin if you were me, or would it be "hello target"?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd still shop there. You can't beat popcorn and a drink for a dollar...even if the have a ridiculous return policy.

Anonymous said...

i say use them however you need to. realistically, you holding out on them doesn't really affect them in a meaningful financial way, so they will not learn any sort of lesson that you are trying to teach them.

so, my recommendation is if they have the best deal in town on something, get it. if they don't shop elsewhere. if you are stuck on the principal of the matter, shop elsewhere. you get the point.

Lisa said...

I have also been very frustrated with Target's return policy. It really seems ridiculous that they are so difficult on items that clearly come from their store and could easily be shelved and sold again. Especially when you compare it to Walmart where they will return anything and everything with no hassle.
Yet somehow I can't stay away...I really like shopping at Target. And their $1 popcorn and drink too. I'd go spend the gift card. : )

Elizabeth Dark Wiley said...

Sorry, I'm just now catching up on the target saga.... So, any chance that the gift giver reads your blog and now knows about the faulty outfit anyway? Maybe now you really could return it with their receipt AND get the $5 gift card out if the whole thing? Would that constitute as "stickin' it to the man?"

amy said...

this popcorn and drink thing is a big hit...maybe that should be a thrifty thursday comment of it's own. :)

liz, good idea, but even if i had the gift receipt, it would be past the 90 days.

 
Clicky Web Analytics