6.19.2008

bahhh humbug to target and the BBB

Here's Target's response (that they told the BBB they sent to me...surprise, surprise, I didn't get this message.) Oh, and my thoughts are included for your reading enjoyment.

Dear Amy Sanders,

Thank you for contacting Target Corporation through the Better Business Bureau regarding your recent experience with a return.
(I'm sure they are truly thankful that I contacted the BBB.)

As you know, Target requires a receipt dated within 90 days for all returns or exchanges of new, unused or defective items. That's why your local Target store declined your return.
(Really? Is that your ridiculous policy???)

Since this is a gift you'll need to ask the gift giver for the gift receipt which we gave when it was purchased. If that's lost, don't worry. The gift giver can present the original receipt dated within 90 days to request a reprint of the gift receipt.
(All this effort for a $6.99 outfit with a hole in it...)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and comments with us. Your feedback is helpful in our continual review of our return policy.

Sincerely,

Peggy


I think my favorite part has to be the "don't worry..." because it is always so easy to get the gift giver to give you their original receipt. WHATEVER!

The worst part, the BBB accepted their response. So they are allowed to be this yucky. Good grief!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

perhaps it is time to write target's vp of customer retention, and their president.

good grief almighty.

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy...I love reading your blog! You are so funny. I love your thrifty stories. I was telling Joe about them in awe. I look forward to reading more! :-)
Love, Stacey Daniel

Anonymous said...

i honestly can't imagine going up to someone who gave me a gift and saying, "hey! thanks for the gift! it was quite lovely, but uh... i'd like to return it and get something else. do you still have the receipt?"

including gift receipts with the gift is perfect, because the giver is essentially saying, "yo, it's okay to return this if you want." and you don't have to be brazen about not wanting whatever it was.

of course, i'm going on the assumption that the gift isn't defective. even so, who keeps receipts for items they gave to other people?

~lubee

 
Clicky Web Analytics