6.25.2008

my favorite time



it takes a bit of humility for me to post these pictures...because, well let's just admit it, i'm looking a little rough. however, the other day, jon was home when i was putting the girls down for their afternoon naps/room time, and i said, "go grab the camera!" because quite simply this is my favorite time of the day. and this is the way we normally look. julia still in her jammies (at 1:00), me showered and dressed--no make-up yet, and abby in the midst of one of her many wardrobe changes for the day. or as in the picture, naked, yet again.

i'm sure part of the reason i love this time of day is because i know that there are a few moments of quiet coming my way soon, but the real reason runs a little deeper. when i am sitting with both of them cuddled up reading "hug" or "mr. brown can moo, can you" for the thousandth time, something in me feels settled and at rest. at times, i realize that this is one of those fleeting precious moments. my girls won't always want to cuddle up with their momma and read. but for now, we all snuggle up and enjoy some good books and lots of giggles together. all fingers in their mouths, of course.

what's your favorite time of the day?

1 comment:

Angie Davis said...

just spent the last 30 minutes "with you" - getting a glimpse of your sweet life!

Is it sad to say that my favorite part of the day is naptime (my sons....and sometimes mine)? or now, at the end of the day when we are bums on the couch in front of computers and the tv?

 
Clicky Web Analytics